[pkg-fso-maint] FSO2 packaging
sre at debian.org
Sat Aug 20 00:00:23 UTC 2011
I just uploaded fso-specs to Debian (after some changes
from me). Some notes, orderd by priority:
* You shouldn't have disabled the existing patches. Not
applying them makes the documentation kind of useless.
* I applied your cleanup patches in our upstream branch
to have a clean orig.tar.gz and removed them from the
* Copyright update (just the dates, but I also switched
to DEP5 format).
* Removal of some useless files (e.g. upstream's changelog,
which contains "see git log").
* Add DEP3 header to patches.
* I fixed some lintian infos (call lintian with "-I" to
Please make sure to document all patches and their removal
in the debian changelog and add DEP3 headers to them. This
helps to understand why some patches were applied or were
I also checked libfsobasics:
* The Date used in the changelog (+gitYYYYMMDD) is supposed
to be the date of the last commit and not the date of your
checkout. But let's just keep it this time (it's just one
day difference anyway).
* One build-depend per line helps to read changes
* Alphabetically sorted build-depends help to find a specific
one (e.g. to increase minimal needed version)
* I added multi-arch support
* Again: please document removal of patches
* Your restore-INSTALL patch is not needed. dh-autoreconf
takes care of this.
* I removed debian/source/options; there shouldn't be a
* I added a debian/watch file
* There were some relevant info level messages from lintian
I will now add a symbols file (Heiko should have already done
so, they are very helpful to find API breaks) and upload the
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the pkg-fso-maint