[pkg-GD-devel] Bug#443654: Bug#443654: Suppression of libgd2-noxpm?
dr at jones.dk
Fri Jun 25 14:02:10 UTC 2010
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 07:44:01PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>Dear GD team,
>I am running again and again into small issues caused to the xpm split
>of the libgd2. I am willing to help suppressing libgd2-noxpm. Could we
>determine a possible schedule ? For instance agreeing to propose it as
>a release goal for Squeeze+1 ?
Funny that you bring it up now: I woke up this morning with GD xpm split
on my mind :-)
There is 2 GD transitions pending, as I see it: Dropping noxpm flavor,
and using the generic "gd" as namespace rather than "gd2".
I imagine that the transition is best done in multiple steps, like this:
* Rename libgd2-xpm-dev as libgd-dev
* Rename libgd2 as libgd
* Introduce dummy libgd2-noxpm-dev depending on libgd-dev
* Introduce dummy libgd2-xpm-dev depending on libgd-dev
* Introduce dummy libgd2-noxpm depending on libgd
* Introduce dummy libgd2-xpm depending on libgd
Post Squeeze + 1:
* Drop dummy packages
It would be highly appreciated if you could a) help verify if above plan
is sane, and b) help lead discussion with the release team about this.
* Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
* Tlf.: +45 40843136 Website: http://dr.jones.dk/
[x] quote me freely [ ] ask before reusing [ ] keep private
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the pkg-GD-devel