Bug#323447: gstreamer0.8-alsa: audio constantly clicks when alsa is
selected as playback
lool at dooz.org
Fri Aug 26 18:25:33 UTC 2005
reassign 324163 gstreamer0.8-alsa
severity 324163 important
merge 323447 324163
This is a followup for Debian bugs <http://bugs.debian.org/324163> and
> alsa output in gstreamer clicks constantly when playing.
Well, I can't reproduce the problem here, upstream didn't get any
record of similar breakage, I'm running similar hardware as a
submitter (Thinkpad T40p, this is Intel Corp. 82801DB/DBL/DBM
(ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)). :-/
To all of you:
- are you using dmix?
- are you sure you're using alsasink and not alsa via esdsink,
jackdsink, osssink (ALSA emulation), artsdsink?
- try to reproduce with: gst-launch sinesrc ! alsasink
- do you have exactly these packages (dpkg -l libasound2
* gstreamer0.8-alsa 0.8.10-3
* libasound2 1.0.9-3
* libgstreamer0.8-0 0.8.10-2
- what kernel versions do you run? (I have 2.6.12)
- do you see anything suspicious in "dmesg"?
- do you confirm that downgrading gstreamer0.8-alsa to 0.8.10-1 or
0.8.9-2 fixes the issue?
If all the above doesn't yeld anything suspicious, please try to run
the above gst-launch command with increasing debug level
(--gst-debug-level) until you notice something suspicious.
Loïc Minier <lool at dooz.org>
More information about the Pkg-gstreamer-maintainers