slomo at circular-chaos.org
Thu Jun 11 06:32:06 UTC 2009
Am Mittwoch, den 10.06.2009, 21:50 +0200 schrieb Sebastian Reichel:
> Hi Sebastian,
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 09:26:01PM +0200, Sebastian Dröge wrote:
> > Great, I already had this package on my TODO list.
> nice :)
> > If you give me the name of your alioth account I can give you
> > write access to pkg-gstreamer SVN and you can add your package
> > there then...
> my alioth account is sre-guest.
Ok, I've added you :) Please put the package into
unstable/gst-rtsp-server or something like that
> > I'll take a look at your current package tomorrow, but in any case
> > thanks for packaging this :)
> ok thanks for reviewing :)
Ok, some notes... things with a * at the end are not required to be
- debian/changelog: Please include only one changelog entry for the
first upload, which closes the ITP. Just remove all the non uploaded
older versions, the changelog information of them is useless for
everybody anyway as those versions are not available from somewhere. *
- debian/control: line-wrap the build dependencies and dependencies,
this makes it easier later to review diff. *
- debian/copyright: "under the GPL, see above". Above is only the LGPL
boilerplate and location ;)
- debian/control: Please version the build dependencies and dependencies
of the -dev package according to configure.ac (pygobject for example)
and add all packages that are checked there, no matter if it's already
handled indirectly by some other dep (glib for example).
- Your package uses python so you should use python-support or pycentral
for the packaging to be correct. This also requires to add some fields
to debian/control, call the relevant program in debian/rules, etc.
Also you should a) build for every python version available and b) add a
separata package with the python bindings.
- You don't ship the pygobject def files
- The -dev package needs to depend on libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev
- The -dev package should suggest valac
- You might want to use symbol files for the shared library *
Other than that the packaging looks good to me :)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: Dies ist ein digital signierter Nachrichtenteil
More information about the Pkg-gstreamer-maintainers