[pkg-horde] [announce] Horde Groupware 1.1-RC1
jan at horde.org
Thu Nov 29 12:27:38 UTC 2007
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first release candidate of the Horde
Groupware version 1.1.
Horde Groupware is a free, enterprise ready, browser based collaboration
suite. Users can manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks and notes with the
standards compliant components from the Horde Project.
This is a preview version that should not be used on production systems. This
version is considered feature complete but there might still be a few bugs.
You should not use this preview version over existing production data.
We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
might still change before the final release.
Horde Groupware version 1.1 is a major upgrade in the 1.x release series,
including these enhancements:
* Stable synchronization support through integrated SyncML server.
* A new Alarm system that can send email alarms, generate popup or inline
notifications, and play sounds for events in any Horde application.
* Support for separate read and write databases, and improved useability
when the database is unavailable.
* Improved performance, through caching of shares, groups, and permissions;
faster DataTree queries, and smarter use of session data.
* Two slick new themes, Tango Blue and Silver Surfer.
* WCAG 1.0 Priority 2/Section 508 accessibility guidelines compliance.
* Help is now searchable and has a tree view for easy organization and
exploration of help topics.
* Wider memcache support and easier memcache configuration, including
connection pooling and multiple memcache servers.
* Contact lists can be sorted by multiple columns.
* Users can save their searches as Virtual Address Books.
* Improved default address book schema.
* Support for importing and exporting LDIF files.
* Support for address books based on favourite email recipients.
* Support for address books based on Horde Group membership.
* WebDAV support for external calendar clients.
* Improved iCalendar and vCalendar support, including support for
alarms, timezones, better integration with remote calendars, and
better support for remote clients.
* Improved event recurrence, including events that recur a specific
number of times, recurrence by day of the year and by weekday of the
year, the choice of editing or deleting a recurring event as either
the full series or an individual exception, and the ability to remove
* Users can get a daily agenda email.
* Holidays can be displayed.
* Event delegation - users can have permissions to create events on behalf
of other users.
* Events and tasks can be marked private.
* More dynamic calendar interface, including dynamic page refreshes to
update the main calendar view when switching between dates or
month/day/week/ work week/year views, a collapsible panel that provides
quick access to all calendars and allows searching of calendars, a
dynamic event edit interface that puts less commonly used options out of
site by default, quick switching between the view, edit, and delete
interfaces, and autocompletion of attendees from the user's address
* Support for sub-tasks and tasks with delayed start dates.
* Dynamic inline searching of the task and note lists, with the option for
an advanced search that includes additional options.
* Support for saving notes as PDF files.
* Support for encrypted notes.
The Horde Groupware 1.1-RC1 distribution is available from the following locations:
Or, for quicker access, download from your nearest mirror:
MD5 sums for the packages are as follows:
The Horde Team.
Horde announcements mailing list
You are subscribed to this list as: pkg-horde-hackers at lists.alioth.debian.org
To unsubscribe, mail: announce-unsubscribe at lists.horde.org
More information about the pkg-horde-hackers