[pkg-horde] [announce] IMP H5 (6.0.0alpha1)
jan at horde.org
Thu Jul 5 22:46:19 UTC 2012
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the first alpha release of the Internet
Mail Program (IMP) version H5 (6.0.0).
IMP, the Internet Mail Program, is one of the most popular and widely deployed
open source webmail applications in the world. It allows universal, web-based
access to IMAP and POP3 mail servers and provides Ajax, mobile and traditional
interfaces with a rich range of features normally found only in desktop email
clients. For more information on IMP, visit http://www.horde.org/apps/imp.
IMPORTANT! This is a preview version that should not be used on production
systems. This version is not feature complete yet and there are likely to be
bugs. You should not use this preview version with existing production data.
We encourage widespread testing and feedback via the mailing lists or our bug
tracking system. Updated translations are very welcome, though some strings
might still change before the release candidates are prepared.
The major changes compared to the IMP version H4 are:
* Completely redesigned user interface.
* Completed and improved smartphone mode.
* Added special mailbox for templates.
* Added searching by date range.
* Allow deletion when over quota.
* Pre-fetch next unseen message.
* Default to UTF-8 for all e-mail messages.
* Signature is now added during sending.
* Allow expiration date when generating personal PGP keys.
* Many further improvements.
* The new user interface is not complete yet.
* Address autocompletion not always working.
The full list of changes can be viewed here:
The Horde Team.
Horde announcements mailing list
You are subscribed to this list as: pkg-horde-hackers at lists.alioth.debian.org
To unsubscribe, mail: announce-unsubscribe at lists.horde.org
More information about the pkg-horde-hackers