KRB5 implementation for JtR, free license
d.paleino at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 15:58:01 UTC 2009
I'm writing to you because I was adding the KRB5 implementation patch to JtR,
and you're listed as the author in src/KRB5_fmt.c (the copyright holder is not
a "human", but I believe you could have contacts there).
However, to be able to include the patch in Debian, we need a free license.
Currently, you're not granting any right:
* Kerberos 5 module for John the Ripper by Solar Designer, based on the
* KRB4 module by Dug Song.
* Author: Nasko Oskov <nasko at netsekure.org>
* The module contains code derived or copied from the Heimdal project.
* Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan
* (Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden).
* All rights reserved.
* Which is distribution of Kerberos based on M.I.T. implementation.
* Copyright (C) 1990 by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
If you wish the patch to be added to the official Debian package, please
consider licensing the code under a DFSG-free license, such as GPL, BSD or
MIT/X11 (there are many others, though).
As far as I can see from http://www.h5l.org/ , the latest Heimdal releases are
released under BSD-3. Another option would then be rewriting the "plugin"
basing from a BSD-3-licensed version of Heimdal.
. ''`. Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino
: :' : Linuxer #334216 --|-- http://www.hanskalabs.net/
`. `'` GPG: 1392B174 ----|---- http://snipr.com/qa_page
`- 2BAB C625 4E66 E7B8 450A C3E1 E6AA 9017 1392 B174
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-john-devel/attachments/20090118/957e88df/attachment.pgp
More information about the Pkg-john-devel