[pkg-kolab] Packaging horde 3.2 and kolab 2.2 for debian lenny : short schedule

Mathieu PARENT math.parent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 15:07:37 UTC 2008

Hello all lists,

I know posting to several lists is usualy not good. I hope you will
understand the reasons.

This mail is about coordination.

Horde [1] and Kolab [2] are currently RC, and will not have major
changes before their releases. The new version of kolab, 2.2, requires
horde 3.2, for freebusy and filter. Debian will also start a
soft-freeze early march [3]. This means that debian packaging teams
shouldn't ship packages except ''if you are sure that the software
will be stable before we release''. The upcoming debian version,
lenny, will be frozen in the middle of july.

I have proposed packages for RC to pkg-horde [4] and pkg-kolab [5] (I
am in this team now). Of course, they are blocked and waiting for
final releases.
I have talked to yunosh and wrobel on IRC (#horde and #kolab). Yunosh
suggested that I start coordinating efforts.

Upstream teams and packaging teams prefer to have recent enough
versions in debian. But these versions should be stable. So we have to
decide : Do we start packaging rc so that they go into lenny or do we
abandon these versions, which will be in lenny+1 (far away).

I'm waiting for feedback.


Mathieu Parent

[1]: http://marc.info/?l=horde-announce&m=120232383512411&w=2
[2]: http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-announce/2008/000063.html
[3]: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/02/msg00002.html
[4]: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-horde-hackers/2008-February/002151.html
[5]: http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-kolab-devel/2008-February/001407.html

Usefull references :
* http://wiki.debian.org/Kolab

More information about the pkg-kolab-devel mailing list