[pkg-kolab] issues after upgrading to kolab

Robert Gerlach khnz at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 01:29:56 UTC 2009


On Thursday 12 February 2009 14:06:11 you wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 4:31 AM, Robert Gerlach <khnz at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I've just upgraded my postfix/cyrus mail system to Kolab (snapshots from
> > alioth) and I'm running into some issues.
> This is nice to have some freedback. From which version are you
> upgrading? The one in etch? (1.9.4-20060707.dfsg-2).
> With which Debian release? I assume etch. I have not tested this yet,
> I have just tested lenny.

I'm using lenny too.
With "upgrade" I mean from a non-Kolab cyrus/postfix installation. Sorry for 
the confusion.

> Can you describe more precisely you upgrade process?

I think it is not representative, because I had nearly all components already 
running (all except Horde) and only merged the Kolab specific stuff into my 
configuration files (or better, my files with the templates).

> > 1. All logins to Horde fail.
> > After google'ing some time I have found php bug #33500 [imap_open() fails
> > when the server advertises GSSAPI] from 2005. Some guys recommends
> > up-imapproxy (from imapproxy.org) to workaround this issue and it works
> > fine for me. Has someone experience with this proxy (I prefer this one
> > because it's simple and debianized, but I'm open for all)? Is it safe to
> > use a proxy for all php/IMAP related stuff?
> > I would like to see some variables to easily use a proxy for imap stuff.
> > Something planned?
> This works for me, without any patch, without a proxy. Are you using
> kolab-webclient package? horde 3.2 ?

With GSSAPI enabled in imapd.conf? Anyway, using a proxy is really noticeable 
to me (render time drops from >3.2 to <1.8 seconds for my inbox in Horde; 
tested with Firefox and the Extended Statusbar Addon).

> > 2. FreeBusy doesn't work for me.
> > I traced it down to Session.php from the php-kolab-server package. It
> > includes "Horde/Kolab/IMAP.php" in line 261, but there are two such files
> > in the include path.
> >  # dpkg -S Horde/Kolab/IMAP.php
> >  php-kolab-server: /usr/share/php/Horde/Kolab/IMAP.php
> >  horde3: /usr/share/horde3/lib/Horde/Kolab/IMAP.php
> > In my case Session.php takes the wrong one and failed (at line 263,
> > because class Horde_Kolab_IMAP isn't defined). As workaround I have
> > changed line 261 to the full path to IMAP.php, works fine now.
> Yes, I have found this one yesterday. Will correct the packages soon.

Cool. By the way, freebusy scripts using a config.php shipped by php-kolab-
freebusy package, but not the one from the templates.

> > 3. Shared IMAP folders are converted to lower case and have a needless
> > "shared." prefix.
> > Why lower case folders? Cyrus and Sieve are working fine with mixed case
> > folder names (we used this a lot).
> > Anyway, I have removed strtolower from
> > /usr/share/kolab/admin/sharedfolder/sf.php line 175 and the prefix
> > definition from /usr/share/perl5/Kolab/Cyrus.pm line 87 and no problems
> > so far.
> It is ok to remove strtolower. But it is not tested. I will ask upstream.


> The shared prefix is probably needed. Not sure about it (see
> https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue1119). Will ask about it
> also.

I don't know if it could be related, there is a sharedprefix definition in 
imapd.conf, but (lt. cyrus doc.) it's not used with disabled altnamespace ... 
but altnamespace is incompatible with kontact. I think I'm missing something 
here, but no idea.

> > 4. My syslog is filled with
> >  kolabfilter[20860]: [horde] PHP Error: Net_LMTP::include_once():
> >  Failed opening 'Auth/SASL.php' for inclusion (include_path=
> > 
> > '/usr/share/horde3/lib:.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/php/PEA
> >R'); Code: 0 [pid 20860 on line 124 of "/usr/share/php/Net/LMTP.php"] but
> > can't find the package that contains Auth/SASL.php. Any hints?
> It is not packaged in debian: http://pear.php.net/package/Auth_SASL:
>  pear install Auth_SASL
> Note that this package is not needed. You can ignore those errors, or
> replace line 124 of LMTP.php by:
> if (true) {

Thanks, works fine.

> > 5. webadmin accepts special characters like '!' in names, so kolabd
> > failed to create the mailboxes.
> I've filled it upstream: https://www.intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue3398
> Can you reproduce the problem while running the kolabd daemon in
> foreground (change debug to 1 in kolab.globals), and attach the log to
> the bug.

In cyradm, the '!' is one separator for the virtual-domain-part. So writing 
folder at domain or domain!folder is the same. So '!' is really special. I'll try 
to create a patch for this report in the next days.

Thanks again,

More information about the pkg-kolab-devel mailing list