[Pkg-mc-devel] Question about Data Loss Prevention covered at askubuntu.com
gerard.blokdijk at theartofservice.com
Thu Oct 12 21:29:38 UTC 2017
I was searching for Data Loss Prevention information and I came across askubuntu.com, and had to reach out to you.
My name is Gerard Blokdijk, I've been in many enterprise data center management and CxO roles over the past 25 years, and spoken to thousands of people at public events and at companies in 23 countries.
And I'm an author.
I have just published my new book called 'Data Loss Prevention: Third Edition (Revised)'. Because I feel this is of interest to you, and to find mutual ground, I want to give you the book and Self-Assessment ($249 on our site), for free.
Something straightforward as 'Data Loss Prevention: Third Edition (Revised)' is the Data Loss Prevention guide I wish I had when I needed it; a tool to help develop a detailed vision of all areas impacted by a Data Loss Prevention implementation, and a useful tool for scoring readiness and implementation quality.
It highlights what's important now and in the future for the reader and delivers a Data Loss Prevention roadmap to instantly understand and move forward in the right direction, based on verifiable data.
5 of the critical criteria from the book's total of 767 Data Loss Prevention criteria:
1. You don’t want to be informed of a data loss incident from the users themselves or from the data protection authority. Do you have technology that can detect breaches that have taken place; forensics available to investigate how the data was lost (or changed); and can you go back in time with full user logs and identify the incident to understand its scope and impact?
2. The goal of a disaster recovery plan is to minimize the costs resulting from losses of, or damages to, the resources or capabilities of your IT facilities. The success of any disaster recovery plan depends a great deal on being able to determine the risks associated with data loss. What is the impact to our business if the data is lost?
3. Does the tool in use provide the ability for role-based administration for sub-administrators (e.g., administrators for a specific domain) to restrict access and visibility into system data and system changes (if applicable)?
4. How is the complex digital supply chain -where multiple downstream providers provide services for each other and data residence and transmission points are increasingly obscure -being dealt with from an audit perspective?
5. Does the tool in use provide the ability for administrators to access a graphical and table-based dashboard with click-through, drill-down detail (using percentage-based metrics, not definitive totals)?
The book will be available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and all major retailers later this month, the full info can be found at https://store.theartofservice.com/data-loss-prevention-third-edition-revised/ right now.
You can download the PDF version of the book instantly here https://189d03-theartofservice-self-assessment-temporary-access-link.s3.amazonaws.com/Data_Loss_Prevention.pdf
Of course, let me know if you'd like to receive the dashboard as well and I'll be sure to send you the complete Data Loss Prevention Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to try.
My end goal is to extend the reach of awareness of the Data Loss Prevention self assessment, and I would be happy to see a continuously growing number of users and their organizations benefiting from it.
I welcome any ideas you have to achieve this. I'd be happy to guest post with an original article for your readers with a specific topic checklist containing criteria that are relevant and of interest to your audience - let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.
If possible, I would appreciate it if you would consider linking to https://store.theartofservice.com/data-loss-prevention-third-edition-revised/ .
To make it easy you can use the critical criteria above as input and the following text (or use any text you like): The Art of Service's Self-Assessment Data Loss Prevention Excel Dashboard and accompanying eBook is for managers, advisors, consultants, specialists, professionals and anyone interested in Data Loss Prevention assessment. https://store.theartofservice.com/data-loss-prevention-third-edition-revised/
If I can assist you with anything else, or return the favor, please let me know.
Connect with me here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerardblokdijk
The Art of Service
gerard.blokdijk at theartofservice.com
P.S: The U.S. Department of Commerce, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has just included our Cyber Security Self Assessment on their Framework Industry Resources list since our Self Assessment is deemed qualified, accurate and comprehensive as a Guidance that Incorporates the Framework: https://www.nist.gov/cyberframework/industry-resources
More information about the Pkg-mc-devel