[Pkg-mc-devel] Anybody about to move mc packaging to Salsa?
andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Feb 28 13:49:13 UTC 2018
On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 11:39:44PM +1100, Dmitry Smirnov wrote:
> > > I'm currently migrating packages of my interest to Salsa. I'd volunteer
> > > to do this for mc if nobody else wants to do this.
> Please go ahead. I'm yet (to learn how) to move my first repository to Salsa
> so you'll probably accomplish the task faster than me...
To help you get starting with other projects I simply describe what I did:
1. Go to https://salsa.debian.org/debian/
(debian/ group is the new collab-maint - go to other group for
2. Click green button "New project"
3. Top line in center widget has three options "Blank project" (default),
"Create from template" and "Import project" -> choose "Import project"
4. In the field "Git repository URL" inject Vcs-Git in mc case
5. Make sure "Project name" has taken over "mc" (this does not work
6. "Project Desctiption": Midnight Commander - a powerful file manager
7. Green button "Create project"
8. Settings -> Members -> Add Member
Dmitry Smirnov / master (I'd set all active members to master)
Denis Briand and Yury V. Zaytsev do not seem to have an account yet
-> please register
9. ssh git.debian.org "rm -rf /git/collab-maint/mc.git"
> > I'm not sure whether there are any living maintainers left,
> I'm still around, still unwell...
I'm available for sponsering (or any other non-packaging related help)
> > it's been a
> > long time I haven't heard from Dmitry & Denis,
> Denis packaged previous upload so perhaps it wasn't too long...
> I'll see if I can spend some time with MC next weekend...
Thanks to all who actively care for MC in Debian
More information about the Pkg-mc-devel