Bug#372657: [Pkg-mediawiki-devel] Bug#372657: mediawiki1.5: LanguageIt.php, update translations

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Sat Jun 10 22:34:18 UTC 2006

Sandro Tosi wrote:
> Package: mediawiki1.5
> Version: 1.5.8-1
> Severity: minor
> Tags: patch l10n
> Hi all,
> I've updated some italian strings leaved in english in LanguageIt.php. +
> some typos around.
> I've noticed that many messages are still shown in english in the wiki
> since no entry is available in LanguageIt.php, for example some of
> Special pages as "Export", "Logs" or "Version".
> Anyway, this is a upstream issue, since you can forword it up.
> Cheers,
> Sandro

Hello Sandro,

I am one of the MediaWiki developer. We usually patch languages messages 
in the trunk version (will be mw 1.7 version) and the current list of 
message on it: is probably fixed.

Maybe you can have have a look at the MediaWiki developer guide for 

Basicly: grab the MessageIt.php file from the subversion repository, 
fix, patch, bug us on http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/ :o)


Ashar Voultoiz -- IM: hashar at jabber.org -- ICQ: 15325080
I made a discovery today.  I found a computer.  Wait a second, this is
cool.  It does what I want it to.  If it makes a mistake, it's because I
screwed it up.  Not because it doesn't like me... -- The Mentor, 1986

More information about the Pkg-mediawiki-devel mailing list