t.glaser at tarent.de
Tue Jul 10 13:58:21 UTC 2012
On Tue, 10 Jul 2012, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Right now I am waiting for the judgement of the tech-ctte regarding
> nodejs. See bug#614907.
Ah. Luckily, that’s almost resolved.
> I am concerned about switching compressor - see the discussion at
I see. (But yui was used before, right? Why the switch away from
On the other hand, the IMHO best fix for the overall situation of
developers trying to follow Policy and replace courtesy copies of
ECMAscript libraries with packaged versions would be to ship the
nōn-minified versions right now, with the .min.js being symlinks
to them, and upload packages that compress again once a suitable
solution for compressing is found, of course under the assumption
that the Release Managers will grant a freeze exception for such,
if asked beforehand I’m sure they will.
> So I don't think any concrete help is needed here, right now. You are
> quite welcome to share your opinion at bug#614907 as needed (and at
> bug#679665 as well if you find that relevant).
I’ve read through the IRC log and bugs, and I think the solution
regarding node.js vs. node is sound and should be implemented ASAP.
As for the comments on the compressor, see above, but I’m not sure
how fast the CTTE can decide and the decision can be made, so it
might still be useful to temporarily switch to uncompressed; though,
that will eat up developer times.
FWIW, #647596 and 647597 are on my personal wishlist for wheezy,
so I don’t have to roll our own versions of these packages again.
tarent solutions GmbH
Rochusstraße 2-4, D-53123 Bonn • http://www.tarent.de/
Tel: +49 228 54881-393 • Fax: +49 228 54881-314
HRB 5168 (AG Bonn) • USt-ID (VAT): DE122264941
Geschäftsführer: Boris Esser, Sebastian Mancke
More information about the Pkg-mediawiki-devel