iceweasel-kde-support on Debian
eaglescreen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 17:33:33 UTC 2011
Hello, I am mailing, KDE Extras Team, and Mozilla Team because my petition
is related to both teams.
This is to remember you about the existence of Kmozillahelper or also called
This is a package which provides Firefox (or Iceweasel in our case) a better
KDE integration and support, adding the following features:
* Getting proxy configuration
* Getting default applications by file extension, type, and protocol
* The "Open with:" dialog
* The file open dialog
* The file save dialog, with KIO network transparency
* The directory selection dialog
* Opening files with default applications
* Running applications
* Opening the default feed reader
* Opening the default mail client
* Opening the default news client
* Checking and setting the default web browser
* Showing KDE notifications on download completions
This is already being used in OpenSuse (which is also upstream), and also is
used in Kubuntu packaged as "firefox-kde-support".
You can find upstream software here:
And information about the Ubuntu package here:
The Debian Bug #608171 is also related to this matter.
The current KDE integration of Iceweasel has a lot to be desired compared
with the other mentioned distributions, please consider joining efforts to
make it better on Debian KDE desktop.
Thanks you very much.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pkg-mozilla-maintainers