[Pkg-octave-devel] Octave 3.4
tweber at debian.org
Wed Feb 9 20:45:37 UTC 2011
Okay, so here's a draft plan:
1) I will upload octave-forge packages to be built against the current
3.2 package. This means either uploading newly released octave-forge
packages are just the old ones. The aim of this is to get somewhat
up-to-date octave-forge packages in and reduce our bug count (the
majority of current bugs is just about removing Rafael from the
Uploader's list -- but the QA team is probably happy to get those 20 or
so bugs from its radar).
2) We will switch the octave-forge packages over to git-with-upstream
source. In that process, we should also look at the relevance of the
respective octave-forge package. I'm looking for small packages with no
real upstream maintenance and I think we should drop them. This includes
especially every package using a SWIG wrapper and packages without unit
3) Switching over other packages. This means all packages except Octave
itself. We should have some experience by then, so I don't expext too
many errors from our side.
4) Switch to Octave 3.4. I haven't made up my mind about this yet,
that's why I've put it at the end.
Things to consider:
- Sébastien, are you okay with this for Dynare or do you want to keep
the current setup (i.e. keeping just the debian/ directory in git)?
- I want our patches to still appear at
http://patch-tracker.debian.org. I'm not sure what this means for the
- Anything I've forgotten :)
More information about the Pkg-octave-devel