[php-maint] Bug#535770: Bug#535770: PHP system timezone patch for 5.3?
seanius at debian.org
Mon Jul 6 22:05:31 UTC 2009
...and hi again :)
On Mon, Jul 06, 2009 at 10:51:40PM +0200, sean finney wrote:
> specifically timezone_identifiers_list() was extended to include country
> codes as a filter for the returned values and it doesn't look like this
> is covered by the patch and results in a segfault.
looking a bit more at the specifics, it doesn't seem so desirable to have
to mmap and read every file to get all the country codes. here's some
options i see:
- read all the files anyway. performance will be dismal but it's hopefully
a corner case except for someone running a public world clock app or
- fall back to the internal timezonedb for listing country names. it would
be a bit ugly and there's maybe a possibility that timezone names might
get out of sync.
- pre-cache the tzdata at install time (and make use of triggers to
catch updates to the tzdata files). nice performance but adds extra
complexity/dependencies outside of the engine.
- use zone.tab for country code -> tzdata mapping? it seems to have the
info we'd want all in one file (assuming it's correct and consistant),
and we'd only have to read it in the specific cases that it was needed.
- disable the api extension. not desirable.
i guess zone.tab seems a nice easy and boring fix for this, what do you think?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the pkg-php-maint