[php-maint] Bug#620550: Working libphp5.so

Keith Lawson Keith.Lawson at sjhc.london.on.ca
Tue Apr 5 20:40:17 UTC 2011

>I've tested building libphp5.so from the php.net source for php-5.3.3 and 
>the problem still persists with my own compiled library.

Sorry I was wrong there. I actually managed to break my own test script. The shared lib I built *does* work. I've attached the shell script I used to run "configure" and the resulting library can be found at: 


When I replace the Debian copy of libphp5.so with the one above the Perl tie() works.

Hopefully this provides enough information to determine what's not working in the Debian version of the library.
I'm not able to upgrade any of our web servers to squeeze until I get this issue resolved since we use gdbm
databases in mod_perl 2 on all our web servers.

Thank you,


The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in  reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other  than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this  in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. 

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: config.sh
Type: application/x-sh
Size: 2122 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-php-maint/attachments/20110405/fdc5b575/attachment-0001.sh>

More information about the pkg-php-maint mailing list