[Pkg-postgresql-public] Bug#684429: closed by Christoph Berg <myon at debian.org> (Re: Bug#684429: postgresql 9.1 cant allow conection: port 5432 are not visible in any case)
PICCORO McKAY Lenz
mckaygerhard at gmail.com
Thu May 2 14:43:25 UTC 2013
i have a presence system for the company.. that need postgres 9.X in both
client and server...
so then :
1) install debian squeeze netinstall
2) then after install added a repository of backport an debian
3) then install postgres 9.X from backpor, with -t etc etc blah blah
4) tune very very few, all open, no firewall, blah blah..
5) try to connect from anthoer hots, hba.conf all conection trust all user
Results, only clud connet from localhost
i solved as:
6) remove with dpkg purge postgres 9.X ALL RELATED packages
7) remove backports repository (umm thi really dont care)
8) install postgres8.4 from squeeze ad start with no firewall all
conections trust blah blah
9) everythong works, then remove with purge
10) install from backport again postgres 9.X and now postgres 9.X port are
open and visible from another host
all test ar in a simpl lan wit no port redirections, no firewalls..
I realize that log time ago, 4 months, i will test again now later with a
fresh install an report to you to confir with recent backported version of
postgresql, i notice that my test was with 9.1.7 an now are 9.1.9 in
Lenz McKAY Gerardo (PICCORO)
On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM, Christoph Berg <myon at debian.org> wrote:
> Re: PICCORO McKAY Lenz 2013-05-02
> <CALci+FSxPj9GQmZRoQmSr-j4J=9BWEpg04QMFStShMyt=ks-Mw at mail.gmail.com>
> > Chris.. in every install of backported postgres 9.X i have to nstall
> > postgres 8.X and then removed before install postgres 9.X, if not, the
> > instalation of postgres 9.X from backported could not work in networks..
> > port are ghosted and hidden.. always..
> > this bug are still happening...
> > i have a Presence system and in avery client something i have to
> > postgres 9.x due thi bug.
> Sorry you lost me. Could you give a simple list of steps to reproduce
> this, with a description of what the exact problem is?
> cb at df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Pkg-postgresql-public