vim7 experimental upload [was Re: cmake support: comments]

James Vega jamessan at
Thu Mar 30 15:40:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 10:17:02AM -0500, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 05:04:28PM -0500, James Vega wrote:
> > You're welcome.  :)  Should we make another 6.4 release while we're
> > waiting for vim7?  I'm inclined to say no since I think vim7 will be
> > coming out relatively soon.
> I think the point is more: are we willing to upload vim7 to unstable as
> soon as it get released? I believe we are pretty in shape, but is better
> to make an upload in these days to experimental so that more people can
> play with it and give us feedback before we are in need of uploading to
> unstable ...

Yes, I agree. I was just wondering about any potential vim6 uploads
because of changelog merge issues.  If we're not planning on making any
more vim6 uploads, then I can work with what we have and not worry about
it.  It's not a big deal, though.

> Anyone willing to prepare the experimental upload?

Sure, I'll prepare an upload for the latest snapshot when I get out of

GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan at>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 199 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url :

More information about the pkg-vim-maintainers mailing list