[SCM] Vim packaging branch, master, updated. debian/7.2.000-1-1-gc3f6b1e
jamessan at debian.org
Wed Aug 13 22:21:38 UTC 2008
The following commit has been merged in the master branch:
Author: James Vega <jamessan at debian.org>
Date: Wed Aug 13 18:15:22 2008 -0400
Remove NEWS entry from test build
Signed-off-by: James Vega <jamessan at debian.org>
diff --git a/debian/NEWS b/debian/NEWS
index 8716d42..ccaaa03 100644
@@ -44,18 +44,3 @@ vim (1:7.1-022+1) unstable; urgency=low
manual page of vim-addons, available in the vim-addon-manager package.
-- Stefano Zacchiroli <zack at debian.org> Thu, 19 Jul 2007 23:28:44 +0200
-vim (2:7.2b.001-2~1.gbpdad2dc) experimental; urgency=low
- The autoindent option is no longer enabled by default because:
- - 'autoindent' is rather naïve and turning on filetype-specific indentation
- (via "filetype indent on") is usually a better choice.
- - not having any automatic indenting enabled by default prevents new users
- from encountering the bad indentation issue when pasting text.
- Filetype plugins are no longer enabled by default because certain actions
- (like preventing the loading of the default menus) *must* occur before
- filetype detection is enabled. By enabling filetype plugins (and detection)
- in debian.vim, we are preventing the user from being able to make changes to
- Vim's behavior.
- -- James Vega <jamessan at debian.org> Thu, 07 Aug 2008 11:40:01 -0400
More information about the pkg-vim-maintainers