[pkg-wine-party] Bug#585409: Bug#585409: Bug#585409: Bug#585409: "Please package wine1.2 series"

Ove Kaaven ovek at arcticnet.no
Mon Mar 28 02:47:01 UTC 2011

Den 27. mars 2011 23:07, skrev Stephen Kitt:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:08:39 +0100, Stephen Kitt <steve at sk2.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 09:27:14AM +0100, Yajo wrote:
>>>> I brought this up a week ago.  The blocker right now is getting gcc-4.5
>>>> into sid first.  Once that's in place, hopefully Ove will be around to
>>>> review and sponsor work, otherwise the MIA/orphaning process will need
>>>> to be started.
>>> We have already gcc-4.5 in sid and testing.
>> Yes, and I'm working on getting mingw-w64 into unstable; see the
>> debian-gcc archives for details of the problems I'm facing just now
>> (although there's a quick workaround if I can't get things working
>> properly).
> Just a quick update: I have packages ready, with the full toolchain and
> wine-gecko (so binutils-mingw-w64, gcc-mingw-w64, mingw-w64 and
> wine-gecko-1.0.0). I'm waiting for "Built-Using" to make it into dpkg-dev,
> since we need that information to comply with the GPL (or have FTP Masters
> add a kludge, which I don't expect would happen now that B-U is planned).
> If any potential sponsors are interested, the packages are on collab-maint, I
> can explain how to build everything (which I would do for an RFS to
> debian-mentors anyway).

Ah, so the mingw stuff is finally almost ready now? Took maybe longer
than anticipated, but good work.

If all you're going to need for that is some sponsoring, and you can't
find anyone with some gcc packaging experience for that, then I suppose
that's something I might do (though right now, I'll only possibly have
time during the weekends, so if anyone else has better time, they may as
well go ahead).

Then maybe we can finally get back to making some Wine packages again...

(And so you know, I'll probably finish the 1.1.x series instead of
jumping straight to 1.2/1.3, partly because I already had done work on
that, and partly because I think it's less risky. There'll be tons of
changes in the packaging, and I prefer not to do it all at once - a
mega-update might take forever to prepare and debug, while a series of
minor updates is far more manageable, at least for me.)

More information about the pkg-wine-party mailing list