[pkg-wine-party] Bug#758291: Bug#758291: Complete solution for update-alternatives

jre jre.winesim at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:32:38 UTC 2015

On 07/19/2015 11:45 PM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM, jre wrote:
>> Please let me know if this sounds good to you and whether I should start
>> working on this again.
> I was planning to wait for 1.8 to come out to do the
> stable/development packaging unificiation, and then after that to work
> on the alternatives setup.

But do you actually know when the 1.8 release will happen? Although I
hope that it will be before Stretch, I don't think we can take this for
granted. Or it might happen too late for larger changes like this.

The closest I could find is this from February by Michael Stefaniuc
"Version 1.8 is not even in sight as the two major features Android and
CSMT are still far away."

Therefore I suggest to go ahead with the alternatives setup now
*without* unifying the packaging yet, while already implementing it in a
way that doesn't have to be changed later on.


More information about the pkg-wine-party mailing list