[pkg-wine-party] Bug#758291: Bug#758291: Bug#758291: Complete solution for update-alternatives
austinenglish at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 16:42:21 UTC 2015
On Jul 20, 2015 10:33 AM, "jre" <jre.winesim at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/19/2015 11:45 PM, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 1:03 PM, jre wrote:
> >> Please let me know if this sounds good to you and whether I should
> >> working on this again.
> > I was planning to wait for 1.8 to come out to do the
> > stable/development packaging unificiation, and then after that to work
> > on the alternatives setup.
> But do you actually know when the 1.8 release will happen? Although I
> hope that it will be before Stretch, I don't think we can take this for
> granted. Or it might happen too late for larger changes like this.
> The closest I could find is this from February by Michael Stefaniuc
> "Version 1.8 is not even in sight as the two major features Android and
> CSMT are still far away."
> Therefore I suggest to go ahead with the alternatives setup now
> *without* unifying the packaging yet, while already implementing it in a
> way that doesn't have to be changed later on.
> pkg-wine-party mailing list
> pkg-wine-party at lists.alioth.debian.org
Agreed, there is no time line for 1.8 in use immediate future that I'm
aware of upstream.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pkg-wine-party