[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#523018: Bug#523018: xfce4-panel: doesn't work with some gtk programs either
spamthis at freenet.de
Sat Apr 25 16:11:55 UTC 2009
On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 01:08:46PM +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On sam, 2009-04-25 at 12:20 +0200, Dirk Griesbach wrote:
>> the same problem occurs with some gtk-applications too, e.g. gajim. If
>> the panel with the notification area is set to auto-hide, it will only
>> get a small space on the rigth side. (notification area is sitting at
>> the right corner of the panel.) So the icon is out of sight.
> So the problems is related to panel auto-hide?
It looks like it is related somehow.
> I'm afraid I still can't reproduce, even with gajim and auto-hide
Indeed, I had the same problem while trying with a new panel. If the
notification area shows a frame around it, the icons of gajim or wpa_gui
will show up as expected.
* create a new horizontal panel at the bottom of the screen with
* full length
* fixed position and
* auto hide = on.
* add the tasklist plugin.
* add the notification area so it is at the outer right of the panel
* edit the preferences of the notification area and disable "show frame"
start gajim or wpa_gui and there is no icon, resp. there is only a very
small portion of the wpa_gui icon visible. For me it looks like the
application or the notification area doesn't set/get the dimension of
the icon and therefore the notif. area doesn't expand itself. (And I
don't know who should be responsible for it)
* if you now edit the panel preferences, switch from fixed to freely
movable and back to fixed position the icons will appear, and they
stay even if you reactivate auto hide - but only till the next restart
So this is at most a workaround for the current session. ;-)
* if the notification area has *no* frame around it and the panel is set
auto hide = off the icons appear as expected.
* if you start a program which does show it's icon without hassle all
"hidden" or "damaged" icons will appear as well.
More information about the Pkg-xfce-devel