[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#844295: Bug#844295: [lightdm] "FAILED to start Light Desktop Manager" errors after dpkg-reconfigure lightdm and choosing another desktop manager
corsac at debian.org
Mon Nov 14 09:25:01 UTC 2016
On Mon, 2016-11-14 at 08:37 +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> dpkg-reconfigure lightdm
> and chose "kdm" as my default desktop manager, just to try kdm.
> Then when I boot the PC, I get "FAILED to start light display manager"
> If I do dpkg-reconfigure lightdm and I choose lightdm again, the errors
> I guess the service is not correctly disabled when I choose a different
> desktop manager.
> If I should report this bug against a different package, please tell.
Hi Laura, thanks for the report. Here are few questions:
- does it happen when you install and select another display manager?
- do you use sysvrc or systemd as init?
- when you select kdm, what is the content of /etc/X11/default-display-
- where does /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service symlink points to?
- what does systemctl status display-manager return?
- what does systemctl status lightdm return?
- what does systemctl status kdm return?
The way to select the default display manager is not completely intuitive so
there might be bugs there, but it was working just fine before so I'm a bit
puzzled (the implementation comes from gdm+kdm as far as I remember).
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the Pkg-xfce-devel