[Pkg-xfce-devel] Bug#765077: Workaround

pianoslum at mailbox.org pianoslum at mailbox.org
Fri Jan 19 10:19:37 UTC 2018

I can confirm the bug using the latest stretch-release. To get it working, I use the following workaround: As the locale is set correctly in .dmrc, I set the LANG environment variables on startup.

Specifically, I added those lines to both .bashrc and .xsessionrc to have all strings translated correctly. The language has to be added via dpkg-reconfigure locales before. Those language strings end with UTF-8 instead of utf8, hence the sed-call.

export LANG=`cat .dmrc | grep "Language=" | cut -d"=" -f2 | sed -e "s/utf8/UTF-8/g"`
export LANGUAGE=`cat .dmrc | grep "Language=" | cut -d"=" -f2 | sed -e "s/utf8/UTF-8/g"`
export LC_ALL=`cat .dmrc | grep "Language=" | cut -d"=" -f2 | sed -e "s/utf8/UTF-8/g"`

Hope it helps, cheers!

More information about the Pkg-xfce-devel mailing list