[Po4a-devel][CVS] po4a html-build-upload.sh,NONE,1.1

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Sun, 1 Aug 2004 02:16:48 -0700

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 12:47:22PM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:

> >Why don't you just commit it? Why don't you just upload your changes to the
> >server? (don't forget to change your .ssh/config so that your user name is
> >right on this server)
>
> Oops, I'll do it now :P I didn't know if you would like this approach or
> not.

No problem dude. Of course I like the idea of showing the translated
documentation. That's what po4a is meant for ;) I was just too lazzy to do
the header page myself. Thanks for that.

> >While you're at it, it'd be better to use rsync instead of scp to upload
> >the
> >files. It'd allow to remove dead files. But I'm not sure we, as restricted
> >-guest accounts, are allowed to use rsync. That's quite possible, but I
> >didn't check. That's not critical either.
>
> I haven't worked with rsync. I'll try with scp for now.

Yeah, that's ok, I may give it a try one day, but that's really not critical.

> >Does this take care of the not yet translated pages? The best would be to
> >create a link to the english version in that case. I'm sorry for not even
> >reading your modified version, but I'm really tired tonight...
>
> I've set the maintenance threshold to 0%. This way you get a duplicate of
> the english files when there's nothing translated, but you can see every
> translated msgid. I think it helps a little more than showing everything
> in english to non-english speakers (when there could be 50% of the
> document translated!)

Excellent idea, indeed.

Thanks for your time,
Mt.

--
Only when you have actually done something which is wrong can you actually
go about doing things correctly.