[Po4a-devel]Encoding options

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Tue, 3 Aug 2004 15:24:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Today I had a quick look around the charset options and I got some
questions:

I haven't seen any named option for choosing the po file charset. Should
we have one (-P, --po-charset), or should we handle all the po files with
the same charset?

po4a-translate doesn't have the option to select the localized file
charset. Should we put it? Or may it take it from the po file?

What should the defaults point to? iso-8859-1? utf-8? Something else?

I'll try to put my hands on TransTractor and try to see how to integrate
all this. Hopefully it won't hurt too much :)

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta