[Po4a-devel]New release soon?

Martin Quinson mquinson@ens-lyon.fr
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:16:18 -0700

Hello,

There is 5 bugs in the debian packages which are fixed in the CVS. At least
I hope so. Pierre, can you confirm that those bugs are dead?

Debian should release someday in september (of this year). So, the
distribution will become frozen soon, making it impossible to upload new
versions. So, I'd like to get 0.17.2 out of the door before this happens.

I just fuzzied a whole bunch of strings, and I'm sorry about that. This
habit of putting "po4a::module: " before the error messages is a good one,
but this string is not translatable and should be removed from the gettext
argument.

What we really need is a function embeeding the call to warn and sprintf,
and reputting the module in front of it and the "\n" afterward (but not the
dgettext since it has to be there to be able to extract the strings). It
would help making the code more readable. We could also implement a sort of
wrapping function setting the module name in front of every line. There is a
module for that in Perl.

Anyway. Please stop modifying strings now without good reason (I mainly
speak to myself, according to recent history). Please do not add new feature
to the stuff we want to release (everything beside msgselect and Xml.pm --
same remark).

And it would be cool if you could update the translations, but the release
will wait for you, take your time. I always feel bad to ask you to do
something. Even more when most of the work is caused by my lastest weird idea.

Of course, if the bugs do not reveal to be fixed, the release is delayed.

Sorry about that, and thanks for your time, dudes.
Mt.

--
Avoir l'estomac dans les talons n'a aucun rapport avec un étalon qui vous
balance un coup de sabot dans l'estomac.