[Po4a-devel]Status update

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Mon, 9 Aug 2004 21:42:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the flood of commits :(

Well, today has been a quite productive day. To summarize: I've finally
achieved a basic encoding solution, I've written a new module (Guide) for
the Gentoo documentation (I'll try to convince them to use it), I've
updated the Dia module (and added the Xml one to the distribution), I've
made some documentation improvements (in my opinion), now the translated
po4a documentation (man pages and html) have the "translation" section,
etc.

Before releasing there are some things left to do:

- Update the po4a and po4a-translate scripts to make them work with the
   encodings (I don't know how po4a will handle it, maybe we'll need to
   update the config files syntax)
- Make po4a-translate use process() and implement the addendum's encoding
- I'll try to revise (and improve when posible) the po4a(7) documentation
- I'll test the Guide module, and if it works well, it can be distributed

I'll try to watch these in the next few days.

By your side it would be nice if you could test the encoding issues in
real life documents and report if there's some strange behavior (or bug,
directly). Also, please review the "Authors" section in TT, I've copied it
from another file (to be able to apply the addendums), I don't know if
it's correct.

Oh, and this week we're the 3rd most active project on alioth :)

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta