[Po4a-devel]Call for a (La)TeX module

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@imag.fr
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:14:12 +0100

--qcHopEYAB45HaUaB

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 07:50:25PM +0100, Nicolas Fran=E7ois wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 04:59:54PM +0100, Nicolas Pettiaux (AEL) wrote:
TeX.pm
> > >=20
> > > Do you rather TeX or LaTeX?
> >=20
> > definitively LaTeX. It is more flexible.
>=20
> Sorry. I wasn't clear. It was about the module name.
> If the parser can parse LaTeX, it should probably also be able to parse
> TeX.
> Maybe TeX (alone) is not used anymore, and it's better to name the module
> LaTeX.

Go for TeX, please. If we manage to derive a TeXinfo from this module, it
will make clear that it's not LaTeX only.

> I'm asking this because renaming a file in the CVS repository is not
> really convenient.
>=20
> > > Any drawback in converting \\ to \newline?
> >=20
> > I don't think so ... provided \newlines is accepted by LaTex (which I
> > don't remember and can"t find now).=20
>=20
> \newline is mentioned in the JoliManuelPourLatex, but it is not clear if
> it is equivalent.
> \newline may cause an issue in the tabular environment.
> maybe \newline doesn't support the optional argument that \\ does.
>=20
> So I will try to do without this conversion.

Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted to say. Don't do this convertion.

> > >  * Is there any problem if a space is added at the end of lines?
> > no
>=20
> That's cool.

I'm not so sure. If you have:

toto%
tutu

then adding spaces after toto do change things. But it's not really an end
of line. On real end of line, I guess it's ok to add spaces.

Thanks, Mt.

--qcHopEYAB45HaUaB

--qcHopEYAB45HaUaB--