[Po4a-devel]Line counting

Yves Rutschle debian.anti-spam@rutschle.net
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 18:04:14 +0000

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 04:29:20PM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> >No problem, I'm psychologically prepared to loose my cedilla.
>
> Don't worry, you won't have to suffer it in silence ;)

Good, so my name in the changelog can be properly written as
Rütschlé then ;)

> I've just commited the new -L option for po4a-translate and po4a. This way
> the generated documentation can be in iso8859-1 although the po files are
> in utf-8 :)

That reminds me of something else I found annoying with
po4a-update: If you translate a PO file into some language
using iso8859-1, but forget to precise the charset in the
header of the PO file, and don't give the charset to
po4a-update either, then po4a-update proceeds to remove all
accentuated characters from the file.

I am not sure what the best way to handle this would be;
presumably, one could do some heuristic ("there are many
strange characters in there, probably this isn't ascii") and
ask for confirmation that you do actually want to filter out
strange characters. Fact is, most of the time you won't want
to.

Y.