[Po4a-devel]Config files enhancement

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@loria.fr
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:38:08 +0200

--wLAMOaPNJ0fu1fTG

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 01:18:51PM +0200, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> while trying to translate the new website proposal I found the need to ad=
d=20
> module options in the config files (a longstanding limitation of the po4a=
=20
> script). A posible solution came to my mind: we could define "module=20
> aliases". For example, we could define po4aweb to be an alias to the xml=
=20
> module with some options:
>=20
> [po4a_alias: po4aweb] xml -o inline=3D"<a>"
> [type: po4aweb] index.xml $lang:index.xml.$lang
>=20
> Would it be so difficult to implement it?

What about
[type: xml] index.xml $lang:index.xml.$lang modopt:inline=3D"<a>"=20
?

It sounds rather simple to implement, too. It would solve the module option
issue, as long as you don't want to pass different module options for the
different languages.=20

The schema could be extended a bit for the other cases:
 - language specific module option: modopt_fr and friends?
 - non-module option such as -k to po4a-translate: no idea. Maybe directly:
   [type: xml] index.xml $lang:index.xml.$lang modopt:inline=3D"<a>" -k 40

but that's just an idea, I'd prefere to let this simple case work, play a
bit with it and add other features afterward, when we really need them.

As usual, that's my advice and I may well be wrong. Specially today since
last night was so short :-(

And for the 0.21 release, it won't be this week since the week is over. So
either you guys manage to do this during my vacations or it will have to
wait another week.

Thanks for your time and have a good one,
Mt.

--wLAMOaPNJ0fu1fTG

--wLAMOaPNJ0fu1fTG--