[Po4a-devel]Gettextizing multiple files at a time

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@imag.fr
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:16:36 +0100

--V0207lvV8h4k8FAm

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 09:23:06PM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> today I've tried to gettextize a collection of files at a time (I didn't=
=20
> try it before) and I've found that po4a-gettextize only accepts one file=
=20
> at a time. I think it's an annoying limit, that could be enhanced handlin=
g=20
> the input files like po4a-updatepo does.
>=20
> Martin, you gettextized the Perl documentation... did you use an external=
=20
> script or am I missing something?
>=20
> If you think it's a good idea to implement the multiple-files input, I ca=
n=20
> do it (now I'll have some semi-vacation days ;)

Hey there,

no I gettextized each file one after the other (producing a whole bunch of
po files I merged afterward). The process was complicated enough so, and I
wouldn't have used a multi-file facility.

But the Perl story was clearly specific since the resulting pot file is over
5Mb (8Mb for the french po). For instant the first updating of the po took
over 24 hours on a *quick* dual processor G5...

So, I don't really know. If you think it could be useful, you're welcome to
try to implement this.

Thanks for your time,
Mt.

PS: sorry for the delay.