[Po4a-devel]Re: Translating NEWS.Debian files: a (crude) first try

Denis Barbier barbier@linuxfr.org
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:37:56 +0100

On Sun, Jan 23, 2005 at 03:54:01AM +0100, Martin Quinson wrote:
[...]
> The next issue to solve was to that po-debconf uses the debian/po directory,
> which I thus have to share with him. I decided not to share anything and
> play an embrace&extend game (*). The second module tries to do the
> po-debconf work of extraction. It is not really tested, but it's already too
> late. Let's assume it works for now and take is as a proof of concept.

Currently po-debconf is built on top of intltool.  My intention was to
replace intltool-* scripts by po4a, but to not change its user interface.
So you can do what you want with PO files, we can always change
po-debconf scripts to match your needs.
At a later stage, these wrappers may disappear to call po4a directy, but
I prefer keeping these wrappers for now.

Denis