[Po4a-devel]Some encoding issues

Nicolas François nicolas.francois@centraliens.net
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 00:43:09 +0100

Hello,

With a latin1 master document, I'm using the following commands:
po4a-gettextize -f man -m test.1 -M ISO-8859-1 -p test.po
po4a-translate -f man -m test.1 -M ISO-8859-1 -p test.po -l test.fr -k 0

The generated test.po is OK
The generated test.fr is not OK. If I translate the non ascii string
with only ascii char, the same non valid string is output.

I could also reproduce this with 0.19.
I also tried with various -L encoding, without success.

With an UTF-8 master document (and changing the -M option to UTF-8), I
have the same issues, but with 0.19, the output string is OK if it is
translated in the PO (whether or not the translated string contain non
any ascii char).

I may have just messed up something. Can somebody try it?

(I did verify the master document encoding, this time;)

TIA,
--
Nekral