[Po4a-devel]Trailing space when processing docbook file

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@loria.fr
Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:40:36 +0100

--X0cz4bGbQuRbxrVl

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 11:32:27PM +0100, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> >Le Jeudi 17 Mars 2005 14:55, Jean-Michel POURE a =E9crit :
> >>When <para></para> docbook tags are parsed, it results in a "" (empty)
> >>trailing msgid line in the .pot file.
> >
> >Dear Jordi,
> >
> >Do you consider this trailing line msgid "" as a bug
> >or should I use a bash script to fix the .pot files ?
>=20
> I think these files are right. Let's do a small test: I've created a po=
=20
> file that contains this (and a po header):
>=20
> # type: Plain text
> msgid "bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bl=
a=20
> bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla b=
la=20
> "
> msgstr ""
>=20
> when I run msgcat with this file, it returns:
>=20
> # type: Plain text
> msgid ""
> "bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla=
=20
> bla "
> "bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla "
> msgstr ""
>=20
> msgcat is a gettext tool, so I must think it's a correct file formatting.=
=20
> Then you should report it as a bug to the programs that doesn't handle it=
=20
> right.

I have the feeling that Jean-Michel is speaking of such constructs:
msgid ""
msgstr ""

It naturally breaks msgcat and other tools since msgid=3D"" denotes the file
header. It must be uniq, as any other msgid.=20

This is different from your example because you have msgid "", but have more
content on the next line...

Thanks, Mt.

--X0cz4bGbQuRbxrVl

--X0cz4bGbQuRbxrVl--