[Po4a-devel]Canonizing tabs

Martin Quinson martin.quinson@loria.fr
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:27:58 +0100

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 11:45:49PM +0100, Nicolas Fran=E7ois wrote:
> For the Man and Pod modules, I can think of possible issues, because a
> space is not be equivalent to a tab (e.g. at the beginning of a line, or
> when the tab is used for alignment). However, all these are theoric, and I
> could not make pages (that would not have been considered buggy) showing
> any issue (in these cases, the document should have use verbatim blocks).

=46rom perlpod(1):

  A verbatim paragraph is distinguished by having its first character be a
  space or a tab.  (And commonly, all its lines begin with spaces and/or
  tabs.)

And from memory, the groff behaviour is to consider as verbatim any
paragraph containing a white char (space or tab) at the first position of
any line (not only the first one).

But as Jordi said, such paragraph won't get canonized anyway.

I think that this patch won't break anything.

Bye, Mt.

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1--