[Po4a-devel]Fix encoding attribute handling in Xml.pm

Jordi Vilalta jvprat@wanadoo.es
Sat, 21 May 2005 18:13:56 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Francois Gouget wrote:
> Wine's DobBook documentation is in SGML but I also tried the DocBook.pm
> module on it. The nice thing is that it translates the 'lang' attribute. The
> bad thing is that it does not handle including files using entities and this
> is extensively used in Wine's documentation :-(.

One solution would be to use configuration files (see po4a(1)) to
translate the files separated, and obtain a hierarchy like the original
document's one.

If it's very annoying (if there are lots of files to insert into the
config file...) I'll try to implement the file inclusion this summer. (I'm
out of time currently)

> Anyway, during this test I added the XML prologue recommended by the DocBook
> documentation:
>[...]
> This caused the Xml.pm module to emit some 'Use of uninitialized value'
> warnings because the <?xml> tag did not specify the encoding. That was (or
> seemed) easy to fix so here's an hopefully correct patch:

I've just commited the attached patch.

Regards,

Jordi Vilalta