[Po4a-devel] Problems with Docbook/Xml module

Thomas Huriaux thomas.huriaux at kti.ae.poznan.pl
Fri Oct 21 10:06:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use po4a for the aptitude documentation, and
here are the few problems I have:
* if there is a comment in a sentence such as
         In the <!-- TODO: <link linkend='secHier'>
         -->hierarchy editor, stores the hierarchy location
  then the result will be:
         msgid "In the"
	 msgstr ""

	 msgid "hierarchy editor, stores the hierarchy location"
	 msgstr ""

* the <screen> tag in Docbook must be set as translatable and "no-wrap"
  It is easy to fix in Docbook.pm, please just add in the tags option:
	+               W<screen>

* if there is a footnote, such as
	<para>
	  Begining of the sentence
	  end of the sentence.
	</para>
  then once again it will be divided into three strings:
        msgid "Begining of the sentence"
	msgid "footnote text"
	msgid "end of the sentence."

  I'm afraid that for this last problem, there is no easy solution and
  we will have to keep the current situation.

* In the Debian package, there is still the encoding problem in the xml
  header, which has been fixed in the CVS version. I'm waiting for a new
  release :-)

Thanks for your work.

Cheers,

--