[Po4a-devel] Problems with Docbook/Xml module

Thomas Huriaux thomas.huriaux at kti.ae.poznan.pl
Sat Oct 22 11:30:02 UTC 2005

Nicolas François <nicolas.francois at centraliens.net> (21/10/2005):
> Hi Thomas,

Hi again,

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 12:06:06PM +0200, thomas.huriaux at kti.ae.poznan.pl wrote:
> > I'm currently trying to use po4a for the aptitude documentation, and
> > here are the few problems I have:
> > * if there is a comment in a sentence such as
> >          In the <!-- TODO: <link linkend='secHier'>
> >          -->hierarchy editor, stores the hierarchy location
> >   then the result will be:
> >          msgid "In the"
> > 	 msgstr ""
> >
> > 	 msgid "hierarchy editor, stores the hierarchy location"
> > 	 msgstr ""
>
> Can anyone check the attached patch?
> It makes the comments non-breaking, and just removes them from the
> paragraphs.

It works perfectly, at least for aptitude. Thanks.

> > * if there is a footnote, such as
> > 	<para>
> > 	  Begining of the sentence
> > 	  end of the sentence.
> > 	</para>
> >   then once again it will be divided into three strings:
> >         msgid "Begining of the sentence"
> > 	msgid "footnote text"
> > 	msgid "end of the sentence."
> >
> >   I'm afraid that for this last problem, there is no easy solution and
> >   we will have to keep the current situation.
>
> There must be a way to indicate that the footnote tag should never be
> separated from its paragraph.
>
> However, it is not perfect (because you will want to extract the footnot
> if it appear at the end of a paragraph).
>
> The TeX module uses the following method: if the tag appears at the end of
> a bloc, it is extracted, otherwise, we let the tag inlined in the
> paragraph.

Do you intend to fix it before the next release? I'm waiting to know
approximatly how the next release of po4a will be to ask Jean-Luc Coulon
to update the French translation of the aptitude documentation in order
to detect potential additional problems. It could be better if he works
on a "stable" po file.

Have you seen my other mail addressing the problem with the attributes?

Cheers,

--
Thomas Huriaux