[Po4a-devel] Xml strips comments?

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Tue Jun 6 08:10:57 UTC 2006

Hello Yves Rutschle,

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 10:30:07PM +0200, Yves Rutschle wrote:

> I'm back on cleaning up the Xhtml module (one year on...
> oops) and add testing to it. I moved to the head of the CVS
> tree, and got a surprise: does the XML module now strip all
> comments from the source? It looks to me like it does, which
> isn't good at all for me (my XHTML has got SSI statements,
> which are embedded into comments).

I don't remember how the XML module was working.
I think the comments are removed since 0.22 (changelog entry: "Do not break
paragraphs on comments, just remove them.").

Another solution would be to remove the comments from the translated
string, but to keep them in a string or array, and to write them back in
the generated file during pushline (the Man module does this; it works,
but the comments may not be always placed at the exact same place).

BTW, there is now an IRC channel #po4a at freenode
(The mailing list is just fine; it is just to inform you).

Kind Regards,
--
Nekral