[Po4a-devel] po4a beginner questions

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Sun Oct 8 18:08:29 UTC 2006

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Nicolas François wrote:
[...]
> > 1. Whatever po4a command I try, I always get 2 warnings, example:
> >
> > #/usr/local/bin/po4a-gettextize -f sgml -m ./testproj.xml -p ./testproj.pot
> > Use of uninitialized value in hash element
> > at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Locale/Po4a/Sgml.pm line 668.
> > po4a::sgml: Warning: nsgmls is missing or non-functional.  Please make sure
> > that
> >             nsgmls is present and does not produce any error (with the
> >             -wno-valid option), and report a bug otherwise.  Continuing...
>
> I'm sorry about these warnings. The point is that I can't detect wether
> nsgmls detected errors. The return value of nsgmls seems to always be
> non-zero nowadays.

I did not check the latest po4a, but in version 0.16.2, afaics, nsgmls
returns 1 because the data po4a gives it is not valid Sgml code. The
problem comes from the {PO4A-beg-xxx} items that Sgml.pm inserts to deal
with the conditional inclusion mechanism.

So I guess one way to avoid it would be to not use conditional inclusion
in the original document but that's quite restrictive.

        War doesn't determine who's right.  War determines who's left.