[Po4a-devel] [po4a-Bugs][304050] Feature request: PHP support

po4a-bugs at alioth.debian.org po4a-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Sun Oct 29 19:44:21 CET 2006

Bugs item #304050, was opened at 29/10/2006 02:58
Resolution: None
Group: None
Category: None

Initial Comment:
It would be great to add support of PHP source code.
However gettext already have support of it (xgettext -aL PHP english.php -o english.pot) but reverse convertion is impossible :(
There are many various engines/CMS/portals/etc written in PHP which can be localized but manual translation of such type files and updating them to new versions is very complicated. Working with po can very helps in this work.

Date: 29/10/2006 19:44

Message:
Hello,

I don't think po4a is suited for PHP translations.
I do think gettext and the gettext tools should be used for runtime translations.

In your case, I think you extracted the PHP string with xgettext -a. This creates a .po.
You hsould then convert it into a .mo, which is then used in runtime for the translations.
Maybe you also lack the call to gettext(...) or _(...) arround the strings.

Kind Regards,
--
Nekral