[Po4a-devel] Translatable attributes in HTML

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Thu Aug 9 11:45:42 UTC 2007

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 09:58:44AM +0200, debian.anti-spam at rutschle.net wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 05:34:33PM +0200, Nicolas François wrote:
> > It seems it's a common feature (SSI), so I will consider implementing it
> > in the Xhtml module.
>
> I know talk is cheap, but I don't have time to code this
> myself, however I'd suggest doing differently and allowing
> Xhtml.pm to call an external pre-filter program instead of
> doing the SSI work directly in Xhtml.pm. This way if someone
> was using the C preprocessor, or m4, or whatever to include
> files the whole process still works.
>
> In fact, it might make sense to have such an option at a
> more generic level (Xml.pm, or even for every file?)

The Xhtml module only contained a configuration with a set of tags.

To implement SSI, I just needed to add an option and divert the f_extract
method of tag !--# to a specific extraction function. So it was clean
enough for me.

Providing support for filters (for any module) is a good idea.
I will add it to my TODO list for 0.33.

It may just be a matter of changing the Transtractor's read() to support
reading from "filter < file |" or "filter file |"

Best Regards,
--
Nekral