[Po4a-devel] Deformed XHTML comments spanning multiple lines

Kaloian Doganov kaloian at doganov.org
Tue Jan 29 07:27:43 UTC 2008

I've noticed that XHTML comments that span multiple lines are deformed
by po4a-translate.  An additional empty line is inserted between every
two lines:

For example:

    <!--
       Keep link lines at 72 characters or lynx will break them poorly.
       Obviously, we list ONLY the most useful/important URLs here.
       Keep it short and sweet: 3 lines and 2 columns is already enough
    -->

Results to:

    <!--

       Keep link lines at 72 characters or lynx will break them poorly.

       Obviously, we list ONLY the most useful/important URLs here.

       Keep it short and sweet: 3 lines and 2 columns is already enough

    -->

This may be considered a cosmetic problem, but I've decided to report it
anyway.