[Po4a-devel] Support for the fortunes format in po4a.

Kartik Mistry kartik.mistry at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 05:02:52 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 26 Mar 2008 5:19:18 am Nicolas François wrote:
> You can find attached the new version of the Text.pm module for po4a, with
> support for the fortunes format.

Err. I never replied this mail but better late than never :)

> Note: if you add a newline before the URL of hint #9 in the German
> hints-de, you will be able to reuse the German translation using:
>
> PERLLIB=<one directory>/ po4a-gettextize -f text -o fortunes \
> -m hints -l hints-de -p hints.de.po -L UTF-8

This works fine for me. Thanks for great work and wait for my null response.

Now, I have some questions:

1. How can I generate .pot file from hints everytime it updated?
2. If translator sends me .po file out of .pot file, how it can be converted
back to hints-LANG file?

I am about to release new version of fortunes-debian-hints after call for
translation using .po method.

Thanks!

--
 Cheers,
 Kartik Mistry | GPG: 0xD1028C8D | IRC: kart_

Why do they call it baby-SITTING when all you do is run after them?