[Po4a-devel] <!--#include ...> regression in Po4a 0.33

Yves Rutschle debian.anti-spam at rutschle.net
Sat Mar 15 07:18:41 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 02:37:30AM +0100, Nicolas François wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:16:47PM +0200, kaloian at doganov.org wrote:
> > All my XHTML files start with the following line:
> >
> >     <!--#include virtual="/server/header.html" -->
> >
> > Which I do not want to be translated, neither the specified file parsed
> > and included.  Unfortunately, Po4a 0.33 started [1] to treat this line
> > as translatable content which goes to the resulting POT file:
> >
> >     # type: Content of: outside any tag (error?)
> >     #: ../../philosophy/po/java-trap.proto:1
> >     msgid "<!--#include virtual=\"/server/header.html\" -->"
> >     msgstr ""
> >
> > How can I supress this behaviour and get those comments untranslatable
> > again?

Sorry I missed this post: there actually is a valid reason
you may want to translate the include: imagine you have a
header.html.en, header.html.fr, and so on... you may want to
change which file gets included depending on the
translation.

Admittedly, that's not as good as Apache's MultiViews. I
personally don't need it. But it's not necessarily a bug,
just a misunderstood feature that was accidently introduced ;)

Y.