[Po4a-devel] [Po4a-commits] "po4a/lib/Locale/Po4a Wml.pm, 1.12, 1.13"

Kobayashi Noritada nori1 at dolphin.c.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Mar 30 21:02:47 UTC 2008

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry for my late response.  Time left in this weekend may be a few
hours...

From: Nicolas François
Subject: Re: [Po4a-devel] [Po4a-commits] "po4a/lib/Locale/Po4a Wml.pm, 1.12, 1.13"
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 23:49:31 +0100

> po4a 0.33.1 reached testing today. I plan to make a new release this
> weekend to add the Japanese translation, fix the encoding issues in the
> manpages header, and add support for the fortunes format.
>
> Do you think I should include the Wml module in that release to get a
> wider audience?

Yes.  It would be good to make the Wml module open for general users
and enable getting feedbacks.

However, currently it only works for some simple documents.  The main
issue of the module is that it cannot handle non-XML inline tags such
as <email "foo at example.org">.  Wml is easy to customize and such
non-XML tags can be defined easily.  I have some ideas for solving
this issue, but I cannot make it get into the release.

So, I'll describe that issue to make it known to general users.

> In that case, you may also want to change the "STATUS OF THIS MODULE"
> section, and add your name instead of "amonst other (I hope)" in the
> AUTHOR section.

Okay, I'd like to fix them up in an hour.

Many thanks,

-nori