[Po4a-devel] Polish man pages broken again in po4a 0.37

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sun Dec 27 03:56:06 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 09:39:19PM +0100, robert at debian.org wrote:

> However there's a minor problem with UTF8-encoded names appearing in
> original PODs, see Locale::Po4a::Xhtml(3) for example:
>
> English version:
> AUTHORS
>         Yves RA~XtschlA~X <po4a at rutschle.net>
>         Nicolas FranA~Xois <nicolas.francois at centraliens.net>
>
> Polish version:
> AUTORZY
>         Yves Rütschlé <po4a at rutschle.net>
>         Nicolas François <nicolas.francois at centraliens.net>
>
> For the English version this is most probably caused by missing
> =encoding line in the original POD. I've got no idea, why Polish
> translation also got it wrong, the pl.po file seems to be correct:

I've added the =encoding lines. This fixed the English version.

I added the detection of these =encoding lines in the Pod module so that
it is no more necessary to provide the input encoding (this works with XML
and POD file, but it would still be nice to be able to provide the input
encoding to po4a-build for the other format (Man could also be fixed)).

(Note: the file was wrongly detected as an ISO-8859-1 file, due to a
remaining of the processing of a previous file; this is also fixed)

So this should be fixed in the current repository.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral